A brief introduction to this site…
This site was set up by honest people within the UK solar photovoltaic industry. The purpose of the site is to try to publicise the activities of a few companies who make their money by scamming ordinary decent folk. Their usual modus operandi consists of one or more of the following:
- They offer a ‘free healthcheck’ to owners of solar photovoltaic systems. Their ‘engineer’ usually looks suspiciously like a salesperson and without tools or test kit informs the unsuspecting householder that there is something wrong with their system.
- They may claim that they have a device that will get more out of the inverter (a voltage optimisation device). These are never necessary.
- They can improve yields by 25% or more by installing optimisers to the solar panels. Improvements can be realised in some cases where extreme shading exists, but never enough to justify the outlay.
- They’ll tell you that the original installer has ceased trading, which may or may not be true but it certainly doesn’t mean that there is anything faulty with your system.
- They may even tell you that the original installer has passed on the business to them.
In the menu of this website you will see a list of the worst offenders, together with an explanation of what they are pushing so that you can decide for yourself if their offer is worth the outlay.
The bottom line…
All of the above is complete claptrap. If you have any issues or concerns with your system then consult a reputable installer. Reputable installers don’t cold-call or send marketing bumf through the post.
We would encourage you to report any dubious activity to your local Trading Standards Officers.